

This past weekend Addison and I had the chance to take a trip to Peace River with my mother-in-law to visit Lindsay, my sister-in-law. We left Lac La Biche on Friday, and headed back on Monday. The trip was about 6 hours one way, so there was quite a bit of travel time - Addison didn't seem to mind helping Grandma with the driving (she slept while he drove - check out the picture), and he also did a little bit of reading to pass the time. And some sleeping too. We were pretty excited to see a moose on the side of the road, along with twin babies (I don't know what a baby moose is called). They were just standing in the ditch beside the road eating, seemingly without any fear or care of the cars driving by on the highway, or of us stopping the van to stare and take pictures of them.
Lindsay took us to the lookout at the top of the river valley, which has a gorgeous
view of the river and town. Most of the pictures I've posted were taken at the top of the hill overlooking the river. It was cold and windy, but so beautiful you just can't help but think about God and thank Him for this beautiful world He has made for us. Yes, I'm sure their are far more beautiful places to see in the world, but this was a nice change from Lac La Biche!On Saturday we drove to Sexsmith to visit some of the Yadlowsky cousins, Tammy and Charlene, and got to see all of their kids too. Tammy has 4, and Char has 2 and one more on the way! The house was very busy with little bodies all over the place. Addison loved baby Seth and wouldn't leave him alone (his own form of playing/showing affection I guess). We also drove to Grande Prairie and did a bit of shopping - what is a girls' weekend without any shopping?
As you can see from the pictures, Addison learned this weekend how to walk with holding onto only one hand of someone else. He was so pleased with himself. Now at home he is walking around by holing onto and pushing the Fisher Price walker. He does great until he rams into a peice of furniture and gets stuck, having yet to figure out how to turn the thing around. He is also starting to stand on his own without holding onto anything, and his balance is getting so much better, so we think it won't be that long before he is walking on his own! That was a little side note I guess, so better finish off about the weekend. We had a great time, and Lindsay was happy to be able to spend so much time with Addison. He doesn't seem to be afraid of her anymore, even when I am not in the room (he was a little shy with her for awhile, I think because he has only seen her for a few short periods of time in his life so far, as she has been living away from us all the time). So the trip was good, and we made it home safe and sound without any moose attacking us on the highway or anything. Adam had to remind me of how dangerous they can be, and that I shouldn't have gotten so close to take the picture....I was still in the van, and we were ready to take off the second it started to move, so I think we were ok. And hey, how many people have seen a moose that close up before?





No comments:
Post a Comment