Monday, December 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Addison!

Addison turned 1 on December 14! We can't believe how much he has grown up in the last year. We miss the little baby that he was, and yet he brings so much joy to us now too. It seems like he is learning something
new
everyday and just amazes us with how quickly he learns and how much he actually picks up from us. His latest accomplishment is blowing kisses! He has also started signing back to us with "baby sign language" and it's been great to be able to communicate and understand what he wants! He has also developed an interest in books in the last few days and is constantly grabbing books and bringing them to us to read to him. He loves the pictures and I think he also likes it when we stop what we're doing to sit down and hold him on our lap while we read to him. What kid wouldn't like that?
Addison had a fun birthday party - he absolutely loved the balloons and was thrilled with being able to eat his own cupcake! The candle on it was pretty fascinating to him too. He was very curious about the gifts and the whole unwrapping procedure and was very excited about the new toys too!
And here he comes right now with another book for me to read! It's been a wonderful year and we thank God for such a great gift to us. He's adorable and goofy and smart. We love him.







7 comments:

Carmen said...

Oh, wow! I cannot believe that he is already a year!!! IT is seriously unbelievable isn't it?
What a cutie he is. He really looks older since the last time you posted.
Hope you guys have a merry christmas! I know it will be fun with little ones in toe this year!

Anonymous said...

Awww Sue! You made the cutest baking for him. My mom used to make homemade cakes for my bdays with funny stuff on them too. Happy Bday Addy! What a sweetie he is! Can't wait to watch him become a handsome young man... then the ladies better watch out with those gorgeous brown eyes of his! Haha. Anyway, if I don't see you this Christmas, have a wonderful time with your family!
Love, Jacqui.

Andrea said...

Hey there, and happy birthday Addison! He's so sweet...looks like he loved those cupcakes you made him too! :) Can you believe that he is one year old already? I sure Tate will be 1 before I know it too!! Well, hope you had a great birthday celebration, and have a SUPER Christmas!!!!

Mikayla said...

Susanna,
Wow! Addison's getting so big. Make sure to tell him that I say happy birthday.
*mikayla*

Anonymous said...

such a cutie, Sue. Hope I get to see you guys sometime over christmas!!

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Addison!! That's so exciting!! I still feel like Rowan has just turned one, but yet he's changed like crazy since July already!! Won't be long and they'll be turning 20!!

Stacey said...

Thanks for the Christmas letter and picture!!