Addison:
Our little munchkin is sick once again. It seems that every time he catches a cold it moves down into his chest. This time his breathing is really bad and raspy and he has a brutal cough which continues to get worse, so we are thinking of taking him in to the hospital to check it out. He also has a slight case of the chicken pox from the chicken pox vaccine. This is apparently normal, but I don't think this cough is normal - he coughed so hard last night that he threw up. Please pray for his health! The doctor says that he suspects Addison has asthma, although it is still too early to diagnose. Our poor little guy.
Adam:
I posted earlier that Adam was having some health issues where he has come close to blacking out many times, and has actually passed out a few times as well. He has had a number of tests done now:
1)Blood tests showed that blood sugar levels and everything else is completely normal and in the healthy range, except for a slightly elevated blood pressure
2)Doppler ultrasound of his carotid arteries showed that there were NO blood clots or any other kind of blockage to the brain
3)CT brain scan showed NO abnormalities.
So, according to the doctor, Adam is normal and there is nothing wrong him (that he can find). Adam is supposed to go for an ECG to get his heart checked, and then on to see a neurologist. This is a relief in that there isn't a tumor in his brain or anything like that, but it's also frustrating because he is physically exhausted and there is no apparent reason why and no cure (having a sick baby up all night doesn't really help either).
Susanna:
About 6 months ago I saw my family doctor because I felt like I was pregnant again.....it turned out that I was NOT pregnant but had a small nodule (like a tumor I guess) on my thyroid gland and the resulting side affects are very similar to pregnancy. I have been waiting since then to see a thyroid specialist, and suppose that he will put me on some kind of medication to get the thyroid hormones back into balance.
I write all of this to say that our lives right now are far from perfect and we all struggle with different things, even though we would like people to think that everything is just great. I think we all do this, and I am guilty of it as well. It's like we're afraid to show weakness, but isn't that what the body of Christ is for? To uphold and encourage one another? How can we encourage one another and pray for one another if we don't know what to pray for? Sharing with one another isn't about sharing burdens, it's about honesty. It's too easy to keep quiet about things because we don't want others to know that we are struggling. But lets face it, we ALL struggle! That's how we learn and grow and draw closer to God because we see how much we need Him, and isn't that worth sharing?
3 comments:
Susanna,
my little cousin Carson had the same thing happen to him about 1 wk. ago. He got a cold which moved to his chest, at our Christmas party he coughed so hard he threw up also. He went in the hospital and was wheezing very badly, the doctor said it was just bronchial congestion, but he sounded like an asthmatic. My little sister has asthma and sounds the same way. I will be praying for you and your family.
Hey Susanna! We will definitely be praying for your little guy, and for Adam and you too! You're right...we don't share our struggles with others enough, and we have such trouble with being vulnerable. So, thanks for sharing!!! Jonathan read your post too, and I have no idea if this would work or not...but he thought that Adam sounds like he's lacking iron! And it kinda makes sense, because ever since I got pregnant, I have been low on iron, and if I don't take it, sometimes my vision goes black, and I feel like I'm going to faint, and I am really tired too! But once I started taking an iron supplement it helped! Anyways, I don't know if that'd help or not, but it's just an idea I thought I'd share with ya in case it might help! :) Take care!!
hey susanna. thanks for the post. I agree, although it can be hard to be honest about what's really going on, we should know that others are there to encourage and support.
I'm glad to hear that things look normal with Adam, but I'm sure it must be frustrating for you guys to wonder what is causing this. Thankfully Addison is feeling better so hopefully you guys can get some much needed rest. Is there any word on when you may see the thyroid specialist?
-Sorry I never post on here, I read it whenever I can and think of you often.
Happy New Year!
~Carmen
Post a Comment