Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Waterton Glacier National Park and other things

Here are a few pictures from our weekend vacation in Waterton Glacier National Park (southern Alberta, right by the US border).









This past weekend Adam and Addison and I were able to take a trip to the Waterton Glacier National Park in the mountains! Adam was a groomsman in a friend's wedding (the wedding was at the Park) so it was a good excuse to get out for a holiday (which would not have happened otherwise). The mountains and waterfalls were gorgeous and the waters a clear blue - a nice change of scenery. We enjoyed our stay in a lakefront suite at the Bayshore Inn, and Addison especially enjoyed the lake and rocks - we probably spent most of our time by the lake throwing rocks into the water!
After returning home we made a decision about where we will be in the fall, and that will be Nipawin Bible College! We had been in contact with Briercrest Bible College and they were willing to take Adam's credits from NBC and transfer them over to their college, but a new policy said that he would still have to take half Briercrest courses in order to graduate with his degree, which meant it would take him another 2 years before graduating. On the other hand, if he went back to NBC, he could complete his degree in only one year, and then go right into Briercrest Seminary. After getting in touch with NBC all the peices started to fall in place and it seemed like a very clear answer from God that that was where He wanted us to be. Then the very next day we got a call from the Admissions Advisor from Briercrest saying that they realized the new policy wasn't really fair and that they would let Adam take only the classes he needed in order to graduate in one year instead of two. So, we were a little confused after that because this was what we had wanted in the first place, and yet when we started looking into NBC it seemed like that was what God wanted for us. After praying and thinking and talking about it, we decided that going back to NBC was the best thing for us at this time, so we will be moving in less than 3 weeks and are very excited! A little nervous too. We don't know why exactly God is leading us there instead, but He might reveal that to us in the next year, or He might just want us to stay on there, who knows. Thanks to all of you who have been praying for us, and we can see that God is answering prayer. The house hasn't sold yet, but some friends of ours are very interested in it and called us last week to say that they want to get together this week to talk about it and "we won't be leaving until we shake hands" was what they said. It looks like God is taking care us us there too.

8 comments:

Mrs. Hurzeler said...

I am so pleased that you guys have found where God wants you to go. It is so nice that you guys get to spend time in sweet little Nipawin. Good luck with moving,and with classes, and remember I love you guys. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Hey Susanna, I really like that family picture of the three of you in the car - it's my favourite so far. Glad to hear that things are falling into place, and you get to go back to NBC. That is so soon - enjoy!

Ellen said...

I love the pics! looks like you guys had a lot of fun :) It's funny how things work like that - just when you think that 'this' is what God wants for you, then your options open up again.. good for you guys and sticking with it! Hope things go well with selling your house!!

michael lewis said...

I too was in Waterton on that Saturday with the family for a couple of hikes (Bear's Hump and Red Rock Canyon).

We stopped in the townsite for a snack and a walk along the lake.

Coincidentally, we also saw the wedding party out for pictures on the beach, and as we were driving down the main street in front of the Bayshore's convention hall, I saw all three of you!!!

Now, it seemed totally unbelievable to me. When I got to Cardston (and Wireless service), I called Jonny Yanke and had him check your blog for signs of Waterton....nothing that day.

But now that I checked again!!!

Crazy!


Anyway, being that I wasn't totally sure it was you, and that I didn't know if you would remember me (being that I went to NBI/NBC with Lindsay, and not so much with you), I didn't stop to say "hi"; it just seemed to me to be too much of an akward situation to create.

But now that I know it was indeed you, I feel a bit better knowing that I'm not seeing things that aren't there.

Anonymous said...

Just love that pic of Addison giggling in the back seat!

Mikayla said...

SUSANNA
Sorry for not being on here in a long time... I hope you have great luck for whatever God chooses for you and that it will also be benefitial to little Addison too. * I hope you liked the States when you visited North Dakota!!! * Okay... view my blog and e-mail me when you have time!

Gina said...

Gorgeous pictures! So refreshing. You have a such handsome little guy!

Ellen said...

Susanna, check out my Sept 13th post - you've been tagged.. plus I'd love to hear what you r up to..