Monday, March 03, 2008

Looking back....December, 2005 and on

I love looking back at old pictures, especially of Addison, and seeing how much he has changed and GROWN in only 2 years! Human life is truly a miracle, both inside the womb and then out! Addison Kael was born on Wednesday morning, December 14, 2005, weighing 5 lbs, 10 oz. However, neither of us (and many others we have talked to) really trusted the nurse that was with us at that time, and we believe he weighed Addison incorrectly because usually babies lose a little weight after they are born, but Addison only gained weight, even though he never nursed at all the entire first day. But even so, the day after he was born another nurse weighed him again and found him to be 6 lbs, 2 oz, and when he came home from the hospital the next day he was at 6 lbs, 4 oz. Weird. So anyway, I will say that he was somewhere around 6 lbs, still so tiny! I can't even remember now what that was like, holding him in my arms when he was that small. Here he is, just a few days old....



The picture below is Addison sitting on his own at 3 months old with the teddy bear that Adam and I made especially for him at the Build-A-Bear store in West Edmonton Mall! If you ever get a chance to make one of those for or with your children, I would recommend it, it was so much fun!

Aaaawww, what a cutie. Of course, I have to say that about my own child, don't we all? We've come a long way since then! And now I'm looking forward to having another tiny little bundle to cuddle and hold - in only 2 more months!

No comments: