I was going back over the comments that some of you left with your guesses about what the baby would be, and only one of you was right! That's right, one of you thought we were having a boy, and Andrea, you were right! So I want to finally introduce you to our new and adorable little boy, Jaden Marc. He was born on Wednesday, May 7, 2008, weighing 8lbs 4oz, 21 inches long!Keep reading for more details, but here he is:

He's a little blue/bruised from coming so quickly!
Strong and healthy and perfect


8 pounds, 4 ounces, 21 inches long (much bigger than Addison was at 5lbs 10 oz)
Proud Daddy of two boys!

From my last few blog entries I'm sure that most of you got the idea I was getting rather frustrated and anxious, especially as I passed my due date and the pregnancy ticker started going into the minuses! But, in spite of that all, I can now say it was completely worth the wait, and as far as labor and delivery goes, it was AMAZING. I couldn't have asked for anything better.
As I passed my due date and my doctor could see that the baby was ready to come any time, she actually suggested that I try taking castor oil to induce labor myself. I know of people who have done this (and it worked) but I kind of thought it was an old wive's tale, not to mention rather disgusting. However, by Wednesday I was more than ready to meet my little Jaden, so I took the castor oil. Not too much happened - I had lunch, napped with Addison, then went for a long walk with Adam, Addison, and my mom. By the time we got back at 5:30 pm I could tell I was starting to have contractions, and by the end of supper I knew they were the real thing. We got to the hospital around 6:15 pm, and Jaden was born at 6:37pm! How could you ask for anything better than that?! And I am so very thankful because I know it was only God's goodness to me. From the beginning of this pregnancy I had a fear that something would go terribly wrong, and that fear developed into a LOT of stress and anxiety. I prayed about it a lot and can now say that at the end of the pregnancy I could tell that God had been working in me and completely calmed those fears. And He is so good, and worked everything out so perfectly in the end. Why do we ever doubt His goodness and kindness and love for His children?
So, that is the story of how our little Jaden came into the world! I know some of you have been anxiously waiting to hear the news, so hope it was worth the wait! It sure was for me, finally getting to meet this little guy. So far he has been great and Addison adores him. He very proudly tells us and others that he has a new baby: "That's my little brother!"
I'll post some more recent pictures soon. He's changed a lot already!


He's a little blue/bruised from coming so quickly!
Strong and healthy and perfect

8 pounds, 4 ounces, 21 inches long (much bigger than Addison was at 5lbs 10 oz)
Proud Daddy of two boys!
From my last few blog entries I'm sure that most of you got the idea I was getting rather frustrated and anxious, especially as I passed my due date and the pregnancy ticker started going into the minuses! But, in spite of that all, I can now say it was completely worth the wait, and as far as labor and delivery goes, it was AMAZING. I couldn't have asked for anything better.
As I passed my due date and my doctor could see that the baby was ready to come any time, she actually suggested that I try taking castor oil to induce labor myself. I know of people who have done this (and it worked) but I kind of thought it was an old wive's tale, not to mention rather disgusting. However, by Wednesday I was more than ready to meet my little Jaden, so I took the castor oil. Not too much happened - I had lunch, napped with Addison, then went for a long walk with Adam, Addison, and my mom. By the time we got back at 5:30 pm I could tell I was starting to have contractions, and by the end of supper I knew they were the real thing. We got to the hospital around 6:15 pm, and Jaden was born at 6:37pm! How could you ask for anything better than that?! And I am so very thankful because I know it was only God's goodness to me. From the beginning of this pregnancy I had a fear that something would go terribly wrong, and that fear developed into a LOT of stress and anxiety. I prayed about it a lot and can now say that at the end of the pregnancy I could tell that God had been working in me and completely calmed those fears. And He is so good, and worked everything out so perfectly in the end. Why do we ever doubt His goodness and kindness and love for His children?
So, that is the story of how our little Jaden came into the world! I know some of you have been anxiously waiting to hear the news, so hope it was worth the wait! It sure was for me, finally getting to meet this little guy. So far he has been great and Addison adores him. He very proudly tells us and others that he has a new baby: "That's my little brother!"
I'll post some more recent pictures soon. He's changed a lot already!
6 comments:
Congrats! What a cute name too! We have a couple in our church that has 1 girl and 4 boys. Their last two boys names are Marc and Jaden! Weird. Anyway, so good to hear your news!
yay! I knew it!! When you didn't post for a few days, I knew you probably had your baby. :) And two boys...that's awesome! I kind of was actually hoping that we'd have another boy too...but I'm not disappointed at all that we are having a girl either! Congrats...and you are SOOOOOOO lucky that your labor was so short!! I hope I have a labor like that ;) (last time it was 23 hours long!!! Yikes!) By the way...just in case I end up needing it too...where did you buy the castor oil? At a health food store or somewhere like that?
Well, Jaden is SOOO cute, and I'm glad that you are all doing well and that Addison love his baby bro! I'm so excited for you guys. :)
Congratulations! I am looking forward to more pictures and stories as the time passes.
SO happy for you!! He is so cute and im sure you are feeling much better now that he is out. Cant wait to see him and hold him.
Congratulations!! I was so excited today when I checked your blog...once again and your baby was here!!!
You've chosen a beautiful name for your new little man. And he is so very cute! Take care Susanna!...and boys!
congrats! He is so cute!
Post a Comment