Yes, I realize its been a while since I've updated here....I spend all my time checking on other people's blogs that I just don't have any time left to update my own! However, here I am.
The boys are growing and changing more and more every day, and are starting to be able to play together a tiny bit. Addison is still learning how to share his toys with his baby brother (he is VERY possessive over certain toys that are particularly special to him right now), but can also be extremely sweet and helpful and protective. Addison worries when other people hold Jaden and "suggests" to them that they should not be holding him! He likes to bring Jaden toys (the baby toys that he no longer plays with himself, never his own precious cars or construction toys!) and will rush to comfort him when he is crying. The other night when both boys were supposed to be sleeping we heard the mobile music start to play in the room and realized it could NOT be Jaden turning it on - Addison had climbed up beside the crib to put on the hanging mobile music for Jaden so that he would go to sleep - so sweet.
And on the other hand, to be realistic and honest, we are also dealing with some 3 year old defiance and attitude....anyone else been there? We are being tested to the limit, and some days I feel like I am being so MEAN and I hate feeling like that. I try to be firm the first time, but don't always get a good response, or am entirely ignored. How do you get your children to listen and obey immediately?!? Any bit of advice would be great :)
Aside from that, I think we're all doing well. The boys are having fun together these days, and here are a few pictures:
4 comments:
I dont have any advice.....just sympathy. I feel the exact same way. Anna can be so hard to handle sometimes and even though Janae is totally different and a little easier, I can tell that she is about to turn two!! Hang in there. I think you are doing great. Just know that you are not alone.
Hey! First of all I need to answer your question you asked me about how to do the back carry with the wrap. Here is a link to one of my friends doing a video of how to do it: http://dreawd.blogspot.com/2008/01/backwearing-w-wrap.html
I was going to make my own video but haven't had a chance, so hopefully this one can help you out a bit!!
As for the discipline thing...I think we are pretty lucky so far - Tate is an extremely obedient kid - always has been. He does disobey sometimes, but we deal with that right away and right now the thing that works the best for him is a time out. He hates time outs. My theory is that you basically have to figure out what your child responds to the best...some respond best to *panking, some to time-outs and some to taking away some of their treasured toys if they don't listen. And it has changed for Tate too - time outs didn't work when he was younger, but now they work better than anything else. I know this all easier said than done though...even for me! It's hard when your kids don't want to listen and are defiant and stuff...I'm sure you and Adam are doing a great job though! :)
Look at those cuties! Jaden cannot be 6 months old already! whew.
Ah, disciplining these rascals can be so tricky! I know what you mean about just feeling kinda mean sometimes. I try SO hard to deal with issues by talking them through, and explaining why certain behavior is not okay. Sometimes just this explanation does the trick because it's not just a " no, don't do that!" but a "this is why we can't bang toys loudly when Maggie is sleeping..etc." When behavior is out of control it's time outs for us. Cate is very upset when we take her away from a situation ( and especially away from her momma!) so she gets it.
An aside- Do Addison and Jaden share a room? I plan to start this up as soon as Maggie is sleeping through the night and would love some advice.
lol.. I fear our oldest are a lot alike :) I know the feeling all too well. I also have fallen into the trap of feeling like a bad parent, like what did I do wrong that he doesn't listen to me! Some days I think TJ is deaf :) The biggest thing that I have learned is lay out the boundry (like no jumping on the bed) and give the concequence (or else you go to time out) and if he does it again - follow through. And of course consistancy :) which is easier said than done! Not that I know that this has solved the problem, but supposedly they are supposed to get it at some point :) The thing is too 'they' say that 5-10 minutes after the situation, if the child comes back to do the same thing, you are supposed to respond the same way, because by that time they will have forgotten (that's hard tho esp if they don't seem to 'get it'). Take care - treasure the sweet times - and go one hour at a time through the rough times :)
PS. Yeah I wish I could have made it this year to Alumni, maybe next year :)
Post a Comment