Sunday, December 07, 2008

Carelessness....

This is what happens when you tell yourself that you should do something, but decide to do it "next time": Adam and I both saw Addison's tricycle parked beside the van and both thought to ourselves that we should move it and put it away, but neither one of us did. Then on Sunday morning we were in a rush to get to church and neither one of us was paying attention as we drove out of the yard.....the we heard a crunch and a bump and looked at each other and said, "What was that?" Adam knew immediately what it was. Unfortunatly, the little bike was stuck so badly under the van that Adam had to then back up over it once again to try and get it out! Sorry, Addison! So the moral of the story (and a very good lesson for me) is: when you see something that needs to be done, do it right away!!!
Addison will miss that tricycle from Grandma....he's been riding it since he was 18 months old :( Time for a big boy bike now?

4 comments:

Ben and Rach said...

I'm sorry, but that is hilarious!! Hope it didn't do too much damage to your car!

Tina said...

Poor Addison, I'm guessing the he was in the van when it happened.

Susanna said...

Surprisingly, he seemed very ok with it (until the next time he decides he wants to ride his bike I guess!)

Laura said...

awwww that's so sad to see the bike in so many pieces! But I agree, it is a little funny.

I love the cookie pictures too Susanna....he's a boy through and through! :)