Wednesday, February 04, 2009

It's been a while....

I'm back, finally! I feel like I can't post anything if I don't have pictures, but the camera batteries are dead and I can't find the charger to recharge them, so no pictures this time.

Here's an update on how we're all doing:

I wanted to post about Jaden at 8 months and now he's just about 9 months and I still haven't posted about it! He started crawling at 8 months and is pulling himself up to standing on just about everything now. It's great, except for when it's time to sleep and he just stands up in his crib and sleeping becomes the last thing on his mind! He has been sick for the last few days (Addison was sick all of last week) so has spent most hours of the day cuddled against my chest, which I really don't mind, although it makes it hard to get much else done. Last week when Addison was sick he would say, "Mom, can you hold me?" which made me know that he really wasn't feeling well, as he's usually much too busy and independant to want to be held, so I enjoyed the extra cuddles for a few days!

Addison has been hooked on football lately and was thrilled to watch some of the superbowl game with "the guys" (Adam's friends). He got this second-hand shirt that has a football on it and he wants to wear it every single day and even to bed at night. He cries when he has to take it off or when I pick out a different shirt to put on him. And it's just so ugly! But he loves it so much. Ah well, I am realizing that I need to pick my battles, and that some things really don't matter (like what people will think about my clothing choices for my children!) Oh, and today he started calling me "Coach", which really made me laugh.

Adam has been busy with work and preparing for NBC's upcoming youth retreat weekend, Three60Five (more on this to come!) and I've just been busy taking care of my sick kids for the last two weeks! I've also been enjoying getting together with other moms during the week, and Bible study on Friday. We're going to be starting a study called "A Woman's High Calling" by Elizabeth George - I'm looking forward to it!

3 comments:

Tina said...

I always let Cameron pick out what he wanted to wear, but it got tricky when he started school...why do they alway have to like the ugly clothes the best?

It's great that you could have some snuggle time with your boys. But I do hope that Jaden feels better soon.

Ben and Rach said...

It seems that everyone I talk to lately is sick. We had the flu go through our house really bad but are on the mend now. Sorry your house has been sick too, hope it gets over soon.

Nancy said...

I think the "Coach" name is pretty funny stuff too!