Monday, May 25, 2009

A new look on life!

Yep, our little Addison needed to get glasses. I took him in for a routine check-up (they say all children should have an eye exam by the age of 3) and apparently most of what he has been seeing is a complete blur. He got his new glasses in 2 days after the eye exam, and hasn't complained about wearing them at all. His prescription is "substantial", as the optometrist said. I wanted to be in denial, and it still feels a bit surreal that my 3 year old will be in glasses for the rest of his life....but he can see so many more details now, it's pretty cool! The other day when we were out gardening he had a newfound interest in lady bugs, which he could have cared less about before, and now I'm thinking maybe it's just because he couldn't see them very well before. I have no doubt now that Addison's glasses will be opening up a whole new world for him!










3 comments:

Ben and Rach said...

He is so cute!!!!

Tina said...

He is cute. It will be neat to see all the wonderful things he will discover now that he can see. It will be a whole new world for him.

Wearing glasses now a days isn't a big deal. When he is older, he could get contacts or maybe even have lazer surgery done.

Ellen said...

I so love that first picture of you two!! your boys are so cute!!