Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pregnancy Photos!


Finally a few pictures to satisfy those curious ones wanting to see how this pregnancy is shaping up!

3 months pregnant










4 1/2 months ( I'm turning a little too much towards the camera, but there really was a tiny bump there at the time!)



5 1/2 months

Definitely grew a lot in the last month! Good-bye regular clothes, hello maternity clothes...




Now that I have passed the first trimester I can say that yes, I feel good! The first few months were not so fun, but that is all nearly forgotten now :) Everything so far seems to be looking good and the baby has started moving so much more in the last week.
I have been having feeling lightheaded and slightly dizzy off and on throughout the day, and my dr said my blood pressure was low. I have had some blood work done to see if I am low in something, but no results yet. Anyone know what could be causing this, and what I can do about it to fix it? I've been thinking maybe I am low in iron so am trying to up my iron intake in my diet, but don't know what else to do.
Other than that, we are getting more and more excited and more and more nervous about moving from 2 kids to 3...will definitely be getting some advice from some of you on that later on!

8 comments:

Ellen said...

You look fantastic Susanna!! About the dizzy spells - I had them throughout my pregnancy with my son particularly, my Dr. said it can be normal in pregnancy and just make sure to drink enough, eat regularly and snack in between meals to keep your energy up - also make an effort to stand up slowly. Hope all continues to go well :)

Laura said...

looking fabulous! I can't believe how much your belly popped in ONE MONTH!!! Crazy! Your baby bellies are so cute though - it's definitely all baby.

The dizzy thing - I was like that with Jaxon and it was from low iron. A normal number is 75-90 and mine was 11. To increase the absorbency of the iron you eat, take it with some kind of vitamin C. (ex. baby spinach salad with strawberries or mandarine oranges). And not with caffeine.

Hopefully your dr. will have some suggestions for you. :)

Leanne said...

You are looking most wonderful my friend. Glad you are feeling better except for these dizzy spells. That isn't fun at all. Low iron makes sense and since I have had a good bout of anemia growing up I can tell you that some of the best iron food boosters other than spinach is dried apricots.:) and they taste great! Also, raisins...so snack away my friend!

Andrea said...

I vouch for the low in iron thing too...if I don't take an EXTRA iron supplement when I'm pregnant I get dizzy all the time...and sometimes things go black for a few seconds if I stand up to fast. And I'm really really really tired. Anyways, I take a liquid iron from the health food store which your body absorbs WAY faster than the pills...the brand is floradix. It works SO good...and the best part is that if your body doesn't need all the iron, this type is water soluble so it just goes right through you if there's extra that's not needed. But it helps a TON and I would recommend it to anyone. I've used it for all 3 of my pregnancies so far. :)

Btw...you're looking great!!

Linds and Manda said...

You look great Susanna! So neat to feel the baby moving around more. Love that feeling. Excited for you guys. Send the guys over sometime when you need a break.

Ben and Rach said...

Fun pictures!!! I hope you can figure out the dizzy thing.

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

I ound it hardest going from 1 to 2children, after that it has been much easier adjustments.

I also had the dizziness.

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

Supposed to say "found"