I think I told you all about my disappointment in not being able to find out during my ultrasound what the sex of this baby is, so I was very eagerly waiting for my next doctor's appointment so I could ask her to finally share that information with me!
Yesterday was the appointment and when she finally looked at the ultrasound results and I had the chance to ask her if she could tell me if we were having a boy or a girl, she said, "No, I can't tell you. I don't tell people what the sex of their baby is". WHAT??? She went on to tell me that she doesn't tell people because they often tend to go overboard and set themselves up for disappointment if the diagnosis turned out to be wrong. Then she checked the sheet which had the ultrasound results on it,and it didn't even say anywhere what the sex of the baby was (I checked myself while she was writing other things down, and it really didn't say anything anywhere about the sex of the baby!)
Needless to say, I was extrememly frustrated, especially since this was the one time I felt like I REALLY needed to know! However, after coming home and hearing about other things going on in other people's lives, things were really put into perspective for me and I realized that there are many things that are so much more important to worry about. I know that no matter what this baby is, he or she is a child of God and a gift from Him to us, and how could I be anything other than completely satisfied with that? Either way, I will love this child with all my heart, that is not a question!
And now you may all be hoping for a pregnancy photo.....will take one very soon to show you!
4 comments:
You are absolutely right - knowing the baby's gender is the icing on the cake! At least there were no health concern's coming from the ultrasound! Maybe baby was shy and wouldn't even cooperate anyway :) Just enjoy your pregnancy and hope all continues to go well, and can't wait to see the picture!!
ahhh what a BUMMER! I feel for ya. But what you said at the end of your post is so true...way to have a good outlook on it. Hopefully the next 20 weeks will fly by for you and the birth of your baby will be even MORE exciting
Awww...that's too bad! I know I would've been real disappointed too if I couldn't have found out the gender of our baby...even though I know we'd have found out eventually! :) And you're right...in the end, it really doesn't matter because no matter what gender it is you'll love it with all your heart!
All true but knowing the gender is great eh? I'm sorry you don't get to know. Interesting how I hear this happening time and time again in Canada but here in the States one can pretty much always find out. Strange...with technology so much better why are the doctors so scared to say the gender? If a parents gets things too set up than yeah, there would be disapointment but how often are the really wrong? But...Corrie found out that in Kamloops they don't tell people either. Hmmm...I think it should be yoru right to find out.:) hehe...now doesn't that sound like our world today, everyone just going for "their right".:) Anyway, I knwo it will be exciting regardless and will anxiously await with you to find out what you are having!
Post a Comment