Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our little soccer player

You may wonder why the weird outfit....keep reading!
Addison is getting to be such a big boy! He's talking so much and learning so much....I think it's time for another one. Addison seems excited about a baby brother or sister, and follows Adam's lead in talking to the baby in my tummy, although I really don't think Addison understands what he's doing - he just does it because Daddy does it, and Daddy is cool! He wants to be just like Daddy, which is why he has gotten into playing soccer (pictures above and below, sorry for the mix up). We've been going to NBC on Tuesday nights to watch Adam and the other student's play soccer in an indoor league, and Addison absolutely loves it. He also now thinks that because all the soccer players wear "boots" when they play (shin guards covered with socks pulled up to the knee), he also has to wear boots, so that is exactly what he does - his winter boots! He also found a pair of Adam's shin guards one day and insisted on wearing them as well, so was quite a sight (above).





For now things are going well here, and we're pretty much adjusted to school life. Adam is becoming more and more busy as he gets deeper into his studies, but he's enjoying it very much. Some of the assignments are challenging, but he's been learning so much and is excited to learn. It's different now than a few years ago when he and I were in college.....perhaps he has grown up a little, but finds he is much more dedicated to his studies now than he ever was before. Back then the assignments were just a nuisance to complete in time, now it's more of an opportunity to learn, and that makes a difference. So far it has been a good experience for all of us, and we're thankful God has led us here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Susie! I'm taking a study break and enjoying the pictures on your blog...I actually check it every day, and was rewarded this time! I love the pictures you choose, it really helps me feel in touch with you guys, especially Addison. Well, I haven't forgotten to reply to that email you sent, but I'm working on the required information first. Okay, back to work! Love you guys,

Nathan