Monday, January 21, 2008

Bathtub Pics

It's been awhile since I've given a really good update on what's been happening in our lives in the past while, so I thought now would be a good time - Addison is asleep in bed, and Adam is downstairs with the guys playing X-box....something that guys for some reason seem to enjoy doing together, not really sure why. I'm not one so I wouldn't know. Anyway, the last few months have been full of changes for us! This past summer we sold our house/acreage in Lac La Biche and made the move to Nipawin, Sk, so that Adam could finish up his degree at Nipawin Bible College. Since we applied late and all the campus housing was already full (which is an incredible blessing for the school) we had to find a place to live in town. We did find a small apartment (a 4-plex) and found it to be ok, but just didn't feel like home. It was hard to be away from all the other students and seemingly missing out on all the action and just not being a part of the NBC community. Then in December we got the chance to move! A home in the 4-plex on campus opened up and we were given the choice to move in if we wanted. So, after some praying and thinking and listening to others, we decided to make the move. With about 15 guys from the school coming out to help us move, it took almost no time at all! That was a great blessing to have so much help, and the move went quickly and seemed very stress-free for me. Adam didn't feel the same way, but he did have a lot more responsibility than I did, and I didn't have to do any heavy lifting or anything, just packing, so found it to be a rather nice move :) So, we moved the day before we took off on our Christmas vacation, spent one night in our new place, then headed off to Saskatoon for about 5 days. We had a fantastic Christmas there with my family, then left for Lac La Biche and spent another 5 or so days there - again, another good Christmas! We are so thankful for great family, lots of love, and many blessings from our Lord.

So, after our Christmas break we are now back at NBC and enjoying life on campus! To me it feels much more like home and I feel so much more settled and at home, so am happy to have made the move. It's also great for Adam to be able to come home during the day for lunch, or head back to the library after supper, or stop in and visit a friend or head to the dining hall for a meal once a week.

As for this spring and summer and next fall, we are still completely unsure of what God has in mind for us. We are still open to Adam attending Briercrest Seminary in the fall, but right now don't feel a huge peace about that, so are not sure if that is still what He has in mind for us. And for the summer, again we are not sure yet! It's a little frustrating not knowing what the future holds, but I suppose that is one of God's ways in teaching us how to simply trust Him, and we do believe that He will show us in His time (a lot easier to say than actually believe though).

Also this summer Adam needs to complete a ministry internship in order to complete his degree. An opportunity has come up for him to possibly complete his internship in Israel, taking part in an archaeological dig in a place between Bethlehem and Jerusalem. In the past few months Adam's passion for Israel has been growing stronger, and a career in archeology is something he has always wanted to do, and this would give him a few weeks of exposure and experience in that field and show him if it really is something he wants to pursue. This would mean that he would be gone from me for a few weeks and I hate the thought of it, especially with a new baby, but I also think this is an opportunity of a lifetime that Adam would regret not taking if he didn't go. You could pray with us that we know for certain if Adam should pursue this at this time or not.

And for me, I've been busy running after a very lively 2 year old Addison, making meals and keeping the house clean, and running a small home business with Avon. There are things I like about the business and things I don't like, but business has been great so far and I can see God's hand in making it work for me, so I am thankful for that. I've also been busy growing another little one, and it's fun to watch Addison notice my tummy getting bigger and bigger - he looks at it and rubs it and sometimes puts his face up to it saying "Hello, baby!" I will reach the 6 and a half month milestone this Thursday, which also happens to be my 26th birthday! It's been a good year, full of ups and downs, but still good. And, as we have entered this New Year, I want to wish all of you a very special year as well!

Here are those bathtub pictures! Everyone has to have a few of those, right? The last one is my absolute favorite!




2 comments:

Andrea said...

That's so nice that you were able to move to the campus! I know I'd want to live on campus if we ever went back there. :) And wow! A trip to Israel! That sounds like a once in a lifetime kinda chance...but I'm sure it'll be tough for you to be alone with a new baby! I will probably have to do the same...Jonathan will most likely be taking the youth on a conference trip to Nashville, TN for a week and a 1/2 this summer - about 1 month after we'll have the new baby...so I'm not really looking forward to that either, but it is part of his job I guess! :) And I posted a belly pic for you on my blog today!! Now I need to see your belly picture! :)

Sharon said...

What a great opportunity for your husband. The time apart will be made up by the memories he will make.