Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Baby Slings and Things

I recently purchased a baby wrap (type of sling/baby carrier) from my friend Andrea. I started using it with Jaden this morning, and when I saw Addison pick up a tiny stuffed puppy and cradle it in his arms, I thought he might like a wrap for his "baby" too. I grabbed a receiving blanket that I had beside me and tied it up for him, and there we had it, Addison's own wrap/sling for his puppy! He was thrilled, and I didn't realize just how thrilled until I saw that he was not going to take it off. Rather, he wore it outside all morning, kept it on for lunch, and only took it off for his nap...but took out his puppy (who he calls "Jaden") and nestled him under the covers beside him on his pillow, and promptly went to sleep!


This really showed me just how much young kids pick up from their parents, and how much like their parents they want to be. That's a good reminder to make sure I'm doing and saying the right things!

2 comments:

Ben and Rach said...

Yes, that bandaid was still from the fall out of the stroller. It kept getting bumped and bleeding again. It is almost all gone now though!! I love that sling! Was it expensive? Is it easy to put on? I might want one. I know what you mean about kids copying their parents. Anna does not miss a thing and we have caught her saying some things that are not good and we know she learned them from us. Definitely good reminders.

Andrea said...

You look awesome with the wrap!! Did it work better for you when you tried it today? I hope so. :) And Addison looks SO cute with his little sling too!