Wednesday, June 11, 2008

God's Plan Revealed

Hey Everyone,

Just thought it was time for a new update on what is happening in our lives. You may have gathered from some previous posts that for the last few months Adam and I have been wondering WHAT IN THE WORLD God wanted us to do and where He wanted us to go after Adam graduated from NBC. We weren't sure if we should pack up right after grad and head back to Alberta, or if we should stay here in Nipawin and wait for our baby to be born. I did have a doctor lined up in Lac La Biche to deliver the baby if we decided to take that route but we just couldn't decide if it would be easier to pack and travel while I was 9 months pregnant, or if it would be easier to have the baby and then pack and travel with a newborn. And so then if we did go back to Alberta, we'd stay there for the summer and then pack up and move again in the fall, most likely to Caronport so Adam could attend the seminary there. But in all honesty, we were tired of moving (we moved from town to the NBC campus after Christmas) and just didn't want to think about moving that many times! I know many people have done it, but we were feeling ready to settle down, especially with a new baby and all.

So, grad came and went and we still didn't know what to do or where to go, so Adam kept himself busy with the men's dorm renovations (it is looking GREAT and progressing very quickly!), and I waited around for the baby to come. Adam's mom spent a week with us, waiting for the baby to come, but he just wasn't ready! My mom came the following week and waited a week as well before little Jaden Marc finally decided it was time to come into this world! So I ended up having the baby here in Nipawin and my doctor was absolutely amazing and I'm so incredibly thankful that everything went so well (I see that as God's hand at work as well).

Still with no clue what to do, Adam decided he should work to earn a little money so we packed up our little family and headed to Alberta for a week and a half. Adam worked and I played. And watched the kids. It was great to see old friends and catch up with everyone there, but it really didn't feel like home - not as much as Nipawin.

While we were in Lac La Biche, Adam had some contact with the school, and by the time we got home, Adam was hired to be part of the staff at Nipawin Bible College! He will take on a number of roles this fall: Enrollment Counselor (he'll help with recruitment and such), Assistant Athletic Director, and he'll also be teaching a class, possibly World Cults and Religions! I believe Adam is perfectly suited for all of these roles, and his hopes were to eventually teach in a Bible college, so this is perfect! God knew exactly what was just right for us. And that also means we don't have to move again! Well, we do, because our place has already been promised to another family for the fall, so we do have to move to another place, but not away from NBC, so we're thrilled with that. We love it here, it feels like home, and we love the people here. Now we're in the process of finding a home that can be moved onto campus....not too much luck so far, although Adam is at this moment on his way to look at a house. Unfortunately, it's at least 4+ hours away from here, so moving it will be a pain. But we do believe that God kept us here for a reason, and we know that He wants us here at NBC for now, and we are grateful!

So there it is, God's plan revealed to us after MUCH waiting, but we're excited to finally know a bit of what's happening in our future, and we hope that God will use both of us in great ways here at NBC!

For my fellow NBC/NBI alumni, student numbers are low - we need YOU to get the word out and encourage the high school kids you know to consider NBC!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! That is SO exciting you guys. We think you're a perfect fit for the NBC family. :) Adam, you'll do great at your new job!! NBC is stacked....you, Lindsay, Mark...it's great to have all that fresh, creative blood in there! :) I hope your trip to see the place today was a success!

Andrea said...

How exciting!!! It's so neat how a bunch of students from when we were in school there are now working at NBC!! Jonathan always says that if there is any school he'd love to teach at, it'd be NBC too. :) However, we know that we are supposed to be here in Yorkton for now. I'm very excited for you guys though! And I am still planning to post pictures of my wraps for you!! I'll try to get them up in the next few days...things have just been a little hectic this past week. :) But I'll def. try to get them posted soon for you!

Andrea said...

Hey Susanna! Just thought I'd let you know that I (finally!) posted the pictures of the wraps that I make and sell. The link for the post is: http://jonathanandandrea.blogspot.com/2008/06/wraps.html
but it also should be the top post on my blog if you read it before tomorrow night. :)

Anonymous said...

Check your email if you haven't already.

Ellen