Sunday, December 14, 2008

NBC Christmas Banquet 2008

Friday, December 12, was NBC's annual Christmas banquet. I had been looking forward to this night for weeks because it meant dressing up for a night out with my husband!
The baby-sitter arrived and we were ready to go...then Addison decided we couldn't leave without him and started to cry, and Jaden wouldn't let us out of his sight before he started crying too! I knew that Jaden was incredibly tired as he had not had an afternoon nap (why, on the days when I most need it, do kids not cooperate?!) so we finally managed to get him calmed down and sleeping in his crib. And with a little bribery and promised treats (I know, we're terrible!), Addison was convinced that staying with the baby-sitter would be pretty fun after all. So we arrived at the banquet half an hour late and missed all the appetizers and mingling, but we made it!

The banquet was beautiful, the food was delicious, karaoke was humorous, and the gift exchange fun - I ended up with a CD case/organizer which can always be put to good use!

I don't think Adam and I have been out together alone more than 5 times since Addison was born 3 years ago! It's hard to leave when you know you have crying kids at home...I guess we just don't go out often enough, right?! Better make that happen more often so the kids get more used to it! How about weekly date nights? Does anyone else do that? I could go for that.




3 comments:

Andrea said...

You guys look fabulous! And I'm glad you made it there, even if you were a bit late. :) We hardly ever do date nights here either...

Ben and Rach said...

we do Lots of date nights!!! I think it is a necessity! Babysitters are hard to find, we have been blessed with grandparents close by and a great teenager NEXT DOOR who has the girls sleeping when we get home! Glad you got out and had a good time. You looked beautiful!

Anonymous said...

that's awesome that you got to go out, and it's so nice to be able to dress up special for an event! I always hate leaving a babysitter with crying kids.. but sometimes you just need to. We don't get to go out THAT often, probably 4-5 times a year or so, but it is SO worth is. I think it's so important to keep your marriage strong - and to feel like just a couple sometimes :) (like in the dating days) - anyway, you guys look really cute!!
Ellen