Well, I'm off to see another part of the world anyway - Vancouver! The opportunity came up for me and my mom to fly to Vancouver to visit my sister, and we leave tomorrow! As I type this I am waiting for Adam's family to arrive, who are going to be taking care of Addison and Jaden while Adam is at work. I will leave here in a few hours (Sunday) and drive to Saskatoon, spend the night at my mom and dad's, and then fly out of Saskatoon with my mom just after 6 AM Monday morning! I will get home Thursday.
This is the first time that I have been away from my kids for more than a weekend, and the first time that I have left Jaden behind. I, like any mom I'm sure, do worry about my kids missing me and such, but I do know that they will be in good hands. I always have a fear that something will happen to me when I am away and my kids won't ever see me again, which I guess is why I have such a hard time leaving. However, I do serve a God who loves me and cares about me and my husband and my children, and in the last few days He has been showing me that He will never leave me or forsake me, and I believe that promise applies to my children as well. I must surrender my control that I hang onto so tightly, and trust that God will protect my children and make sure they are cared for as I would care for them, or even better.
I know that God is teaching me to trust Him in all of this, but I think I'm going to have a pretty good time too! As much as I LOVE my children, a small break from them will be nice :) I will post some pictures when I return!
2 comments:
Yay! Have a great time!
I hope you have a wonderful time! That control is so hard to give up but you're right...we do serve a God that loves us so dearly and looks after us and those we care about. Have lots of fun! When you walk into the airport tomorrow and smell the freshly brewed Tim Hortons coffee...think of me :)'cause I will be praying for you (and wishing I was sipping a coffee :).
Post a Comment