I did make it back from Vancouver, safe and sound! I had a fantastic trip and had a fantastic time with my mom and sister. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't as nice as I was hoping it would be, but the good company made up for that :) We were able to visit Queen Elizabeth Park, Steveston Fishing Village, Metro Town, Sweet Obsession Cafe, Commercial Drive, and more! It sure made me feel like I lead a very boring and simple life in Nipawin, but sometimes that is good too - possibly more relaxing and laid back.
As for my concerns about the kids: they were great and did very well without me! I of course thought about them a lot and prayed for them every time I thought of them (and prayed for those getting up during the night with them as well!) God was faithful in answering my prayers in keeping my family safe, and in returning me safely back to them as well. I did realize though that IF something ever did happen to me, my family would be in good hands and they really could survive without me. But I sure did feel appreciated and loved when I DID return! Lots of hugs and cuddles. That was nice.
2 comments:
How fun! I love, love, love Vancouver. That is so nice that you could get away with just Ruth-Ann and your mom.
Hey, are you going to be in Saskatoon or Warman or wherever for Easter? We are coming there and will be at the gathering on Friday and would love to see you guys!
Good for you gurl!! looks like you had fun!! I'm glad you were able to get away, and had peace of mind that your family was in good hands even if you weren't there! It does take a bit to relax a little :) and thanks for the encouraging words on my last post! You're right, it's not that I want to be selfish, but I never stopped being me when I became a mother. I think it can be easy to get 'lost' in motherhood and the everyday taking care of physical needs and forget that we have to take care of ourselves too! Part of that is goal setting, even if it's a 5 year or 10 year goal :)
Post a Comment