As a mom I often find myself comparing my children to other people's children....anyone else do that too? I've been doing that a lot lately and know that it isn't healthy. However, today I'm going to compare my own two kids with each other, just because I think it's fun to see how different they are! I was thinking about this yesterday as Jaden had his 18 month check-up with the health nurse (yes, 2 months late). When I saw how much he weighed at this age, I thought it would be fun to go back and compare it with Addison's weight at that same age - WOW! Big difference. See for yourself (below the pictures).
Here's Addison at approximately 18 months.



-----------Addison Kael----- Jaden Marc
Birth ------5 lbs, 10 oz,------ 8 lbs, 4 oz
2 months --12 lbs, 10 oz, -----14 lbs, 4 oz
4 months --19 lbs, 8 oz, ------l8 lbs, 3 oz
6 months --22.3,------------ 20.9
8 months-- 27,-------------- 22.7
12 months -31.10,----------- 24.13
18 months- 31.7,------------ 25
20 months -34.11,----------- 27.11
(Sorry this is so hard to read, I just can't figure out how to do a good chart on here!)
Wow, there is a HUGE difference now at 20 months! I did get many comments about Addison's size and weight when he was younger and it did bother me a lot, but he has slimmed down so much now and I think he is just perfect - solid and strong, but not overweight. At 4 years old he now weighs a whopping 49 lbs, and is 40 and a half inches tall! Yes, a big boy, but just perfect in our eyes!
So I guess all this to say that maybe comparing isn't always bad, as long as we can look at the outcome and be happy and satisfied and proud of what we see. And I am positive that there isn't a mom out there who isn't tremendously proud of her children!

3 comments:
it's interesting to see how different they are. It just goes to show that each body is made up so differently!
By the way - I thought Addison's chubbiness as an infant/toddler was SUPER cute...not a bad thing :) Although I can understand the feeling of letting the things that people say bother you. Most of the time they don't mean it as we take it...but us moms...we get defensive I guess :)
Liam was standing beside me as I scrolled down to see the pictures of Addison. So cute! He knew who it was right away and was excited to see his friend. I think he's going through withdrawal without his friends. Addison and Jaden are adorable...whether babies or little men. I know, it is hard not to start comparing. I've done it with Liam and Addison because they are so close together. We moms can really get down on ourselves. I keep telling myself that I just need to do my best and enjoy these days with my kids when they still think I'm the best thing since sliced bread! :)
I know what you mean about comparing! I did that a lot when Tristian was younger, but I find that I'm doing it less now. Probably with having a boy and a girl it's harder to compare since there are obviously differences with different genders. I have totally noticed too that the second child tends to pick things up faster than the first child at that age, just because a 2nd child watches and learns so much from their sibling. So when I have friends that their first is the same age as my second I tell them not to compare because a first child doesn't have the same influences as a 2nd-er :) My neice was also chubby until she started walking (then slimmed) and my SIL was always getting flack from her Dr/nurses/etc. I just have to say that Jaden looks a lot like you!! Can't wait to see what baby #3 will look like :)
Post a Comment