Tuesday, June 24, 2008

He's growing!

I just wanted to post another picture of Jaden since it's been awhile - he's grown so much already! I don't know how much he weighs now, but he's outgrowing all his newborn and 3 month clothes. He's awake for longer periods of time now, and much more alert. And he's smiling!! I still have to get some pictures of that. You can't tell in the picture, but he has developed a pimply rash ALL OVER his face and neck, even on his scalp. I'm assuming it's just neonatal acne, but is there anything I can do to help it go away faster? If anyone has some suggestions, that would be great. Our doctor's advice was to "just take pictures that are slightly blurry so you can't see the rash". What a great help. Addison had this same thing on a smaller degree, and he was given some sort of cream to use on his face and the rash went away immediately. However, I can't remember what the stuff was called! Anyway, here's our cutie.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yeah...that baby acne is awful. Tate had it and Emily had it too. Hers is just starting to go away. I've heard that taking a camomille tea bag and putting it on their baby acne will help it to go away quicker, but it didn't help for Emily...maybe it'd work for Jaden though. I also put baking soda in her bath water and then washed her cheeks/forehead, etc. with it in the tub because I know that is very good for their skin (and for stuff like diaper rashes, etc.) and it actually seemed to clear up pretty quickly after doing that! So, you could try that with Jaden too if you want. :) Hopefully you can get rid of it quickly though, because I know that it is really annoying...

Jaden is so cute by the way!!

Andrea said...

Hey...just thought I'd clarify...on my blog you said cornstarch...but you actually need to use baking soda. :)

Leanne said...

Hey Susanna, I'm not experienced like the rest of you though but I do know that Gideon being so faired skin dealt with this acne for quite awhile. We were told by our pediatrician that if it doesn't really bother you it doesn't bother them, so don't do anything. But...if you want to do something then just buy some hydrocortisone cream, one that is 1% or less. It worked great but I didn't put it on too often. Just every other day for a few applications and it cleared it right up. This cream is used for all sorts of stuff as well so useful for both baby and you.:) hehe! Mainly just for skin iritations. Ummm but if you are all about going purely natural with baby products then don't use it. If you do use it though, just use it sparingly and in small amounts. Anywho...its worked great.

Leanne;)